Monday, January 24, 2011

Discoveries -- Mirror Baby

I'm a few days late on this, but Carter discovered his reflection in the mirror. I read a lot of baby books, currently I'm on What to expect the first year, follow up to What to Expect While Expecting. It says that babies don't know they are looking at themselves in the mirror they thing its another baby. The book also says the recognition that its their reflection doesn't usually happen until about 6-8 months So we've named the baby in the mirror, mirror baby! He smiles and stares at mirror baby and I think he wonders why his Mommy is holding another baby other then him. He smiles and coos at Mirror baby and his Mommy. Now every morning when we get up we say hi to Mirror baby then start our day.

Speaking of starting the day, We started ours at 6:45 this morning, he went to bed at 10! Sadly Lee and I didn't get that much sleep, we rented The Social Network last night and didn't realize how long it was. I thought it was a great movie. I've heard that its not true to life, but it was entertaining none the less.

Lee has to work today, and I think I'm going to try to give Carter a bath on my own. It'll be the first time I give him one without Lee's help, but I figure baby steps! He really likes the tub, and is pretty well behaved so I think I'll manage OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment