Monday, January 31, 2011

Last Day of Maternity Leave

Bitter sweet.  I know I'll be able to provide a better life for my son by returning to work and earning money, as its been really tight here the last few months since I left work.  I'm going to miss him like crazy.  I want to be here for all of his firsts.  I want to help him make discoveries, and fine tune his motor skills.  I realize I'm not saying goodbye, but it kind of feels that way.

The first time I held him I knew I loved him, but the past almost 3 months I've been busy falling in love with him.  I told Lee that I liked the two of us, but I love the three of us.  Carter has captured my heart so thoroughly and quickly I can't find words to describe how it feels to gain everything you've ever dreamed and wanted in such a short time.





We are very fortunate that Lee will be able to be with Carter while I'm at work while still maintaining some hours with his job.  It will be good bonding time for my boys, and I can't wait to hear the stories that come of it.  I'd rather be here to see, but having mommy around certainly would change the boy's interactions.  What I'd pay to be a fly on the wall!  I've requested Lee takes 10 pictures per day that I'm at work.  I'm not sure that will happen but the way I see it shoot high, and if I get one per day I'll still make out.

He looks so grown up to me in this picture with Lee.  I know I'll look back and say what happened to my tiny baby.  I love you Carter.  Have a blast with your daddy, I'll miss you.

2 comments: