Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Started and Introductions

The reason I am starting this blog is to share with family and friends who are to far for us to keep in touch with in person, and as a gift to my son, so he can look back and know not only how quirky his parents are, but also how much we love him. Please feel free to comment, or write notes to any of us here. I hope to make it enjoyable and hopefully interesting!




My husband Lee and I just had our first baby. Well, back in November. Man the time really flies with a little baby in the house! We did pretty well adjusting to parenthood.

Here is the cast of our little family:
Mommy (me) -- Julie
Daddy -- Lee
Baby -- Carter
Kitty -- 10 year old tortoise shell rescue
Milo -- 5 year old Rag Doll (cat)

Here is a little background on Lee and I since Carter has just joined the party!

Lee and I met in 2005 through a mutual friend. He and I hit it off right away and started dating in April. In 2008 the night before my college graduation from Clark University he asked me to marry him. We announced our engagement to our entire family and friends the following day after my graduation at our graduation/going away party! We were thunderously applauded, it was a moment I'll never forget all the days of my life.




We moved to Florida in June of 2008, just as the job market fell through the floor. We weren't going to let that stop us. We planned our wedding in Massachusetts so that all of our family and friends could make it.

We honeymooned for a week in Jamaica, then it was back to work for us.

That's the very basic background, I'll write more about each important event as it becomes relevant. Starting with the most recent and most dear: getting ready for and the birth of our son Carter!

No comments:

Post a Comment