Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why Start Now?

November 13th was 10 weeks ago today. Yes our little man is 70 days old. He has already grown and changed in so many ways I feel behind already!




The reason I'm starting this blog now, is because on February 1st, I go back to work. It was a blessing that I was able to take off so much time, 12 weeks. It went by so quickly. So you ask, what have you been doing with all of that time off? I've been falling in love with my son. Mushy I know. I don't know what else to call it. Lee and I got to the edge of crazy with a new huge responsibility, lack of sleep, stress of healing and as soon as we couldn't keep our eyes open one second longer he smiled!




I've taken more pictures of him then I care to admit. I think I'm addicted. Every time I turn around there are changes I need to capture. I love being a mom, and I don't want to forget a second of his babyhood. I hope to share some of those here. I didn't think I was going to be one of those moms who took millions of pictures of her baby and posted them everywhere all over Facebook! Currently, my new most favorite picture of him is my profile picture. That previously bugged the heck out of me when others did the same. Little Carter has totally infiltrated my heart, my soul, and my Facebook.




Now that its time to go back to work, I'm sad that I wont be the one who tends to his every need, but I know the time away will make our time together that much more special. I want to keep a record of his milestones and pictures and dates of such for memory, but also to share with you.




Now that I've got our blog underway, I need to take this opportunity to get my sleep. He's been in bed for 45 minutes already, and I know there will be 2 wide eyes by 5:45am. More about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment