Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our Fabulous Family Members (Kibbe Side)

I'm going to start with Lee's family because we had such a nice visit, but I don't feel like I wrote enough about it.  They bought their ticket far in advance, long before we knew we were going to be having Carter so early!  I was told by my OB that she wouldn't let my pregnancy go beyond 2 weeks past my due date, knowing that they scheduled their trip for December 18th.  Baby would definitely be here by then!  Little did we all know he'd be a month old by then!

Carter's Grandma Sandy is a really nice woman with a huge heart.  She has been wanting a grandchild for a long time, and is pretty excited to finally have one!  I couldn't really ask for a better Mother in law.  I think I'm a bit spoiled in that department.  She is very caring.  Never forgets a birthday, is quick to offer advise (but only when asked) and has some mean recipes I call her for time to time.  Lee's got his favorites that his mom made him for years, and Sandy seems happy to share them!  Here is a picture of Grandma the first time she met Carter.  They came in pretty late and we woke up the baby because it seemed like the right thing to do.  We were as excited to introduce him to her as she was to meet him!

Here is another picture of Sandy






In addition to having Lee's parents for a visit, his sister Nicole also came down.  She is a really sweet Sister-in-Law and we've been buddies since we met.  She is a texter and is always sending messages to us in Florida about how much she misses us.  We miss her too!  She was the first person to come and visit Lee and I after we moved to Florida.  She drove all the way from Massachusetts in her Cavalier!  Before we moved to Florida she was on our team for a candle pin bowling league.  She is the typical little sister who loves her big brother dearly!  Here's the picture of the first time Nicole held Carter:




It was around Christmas time when they came, so they brought presents for us and Carter.  Here is one Nicole brought.  Its a great way to remember how tiny our baby was for his first Christmas!  They have strings on them and become ornaments for the tree!  We love Auntie Nicole and are looking forward to her taking Carter sledding next winter if we can make it work!

Grandpa Kibbe Ric has a personality that makes you love him from the moment he starts teasing.  He is  a big jokester and enjoys the simple things in life that many take for granted.  What he brings to the family is a solid foundation of a hard day's work and the ability to enjoy each moment as they come.  I think one of the reasons I get along with Ric so well is that I can take the teasing and I tease him right back!  Sandy said to me when Lee and I started dating that Ric wouldn't poke fun at me if he didn't like me!  I'll guarantee you this, he likes me!  

While the Kibbes were visiting they took us shopping for Christmas presents so they knew they'd get us stuff we wanted!  Whats better then that right!?  Well while we were at Target Ric picked out the following outfit for Carter.  With Lee and my love of Christmas he couldn't have done better!


 Grandpa Ric has a great sense of humor, but sometimes that means a bit of a potty mouth.  We are all getting used to having little ears around, and I have to say the piggy bank benefited from Ric's visit!  We tried to keep it nearby to collect on his indiscretions!
 He is a great card player.  He taught all of his kids to play cards, and in this picture they are playing cribbage out on our linia.  He's very good, but I'm sure its because he cheats! (just kidding)


Lee has a brother too his name is Todd.  We haven't had the opportunity to introduce him to Carter yet.   Todd and his wife Jenn are planning on visiting mid February.  I'll post more pictures then.

Here is Carter's only Uncle (so far) poor kid has 4 aunts and only 1 uncle! Todd is a hard worker just like his dad with the same morals and love of life.  He is a great role model for our little guy and we are hoping we get to spend more time with him and Jenn in the near future!  Here is a picture of Auntie Jenn and Uncle Todd.
There is so much more I could say about his side of the family, but alas, Carter has woken from his nap and I need to feed him! Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Your son is absolutely adorable! I love your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are documenting for your little one. I am stopping by from the Baby Center Board. I am loving "meeting" new moms.

    ReplyDelete